To strengthen the capacity of Olade and the countries of Latin America and the Caribbean in the management, dissemination and delivery of energy information in a reliable and complete manner for its timely dissemination. This project seeks to specifically reach existing supply and demand statistics, prices and rates, reserves, renewable resources, environmental impact, and indicators. As well as sustainable energy development in the dimensions of gender equality and energy, energy and climate change, energy efficiency, access to energy and participation of renewable energies.
Belize, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Honduras, Paraguay, Panama, the Dominican Republic and Uruguay.
– Methodology for harmonizing energy balance concepts with the International Recommendations on Energy Statistics (IRES).
– Methodology for harmonizing concepts of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions balances with IPCC 2006.
– Methodology for harmonizing energy price concepts with IRES and the International Energy Agency (IEA).
– Methodology for harmonizing concepts of hydrocarbon balances with JODI.
– Methodologies for managing statistics on: reserves and potentials, electricity generation, transmission and distribution infrastructure, production infrastructure, transport, storage and transformation of oil, natural gas and derivatives, characterization of electricity demand and electricity markets.
– Tool for automated preparation of energy balance reports with Olade and IRES methodology and GHG emissions reports.
– Tool for automated elaboration of hydrocarbon balance reports with JODI methodology, considering the annual balance tool.
– Report of energy prices based on the new methodology.
– Descriptive sheets for the methodologies developed.
– Prototype of the new regional information system considering the new methodologies.
– Prototypes of information systems for countries in the region considering the new methodologies
– Several countries in the region aware of the new methodologies.
– Updating of Olade’s ICT infrastructure and development of cloud services.
- Olade and the countries of the region trained on the new methodologies.
- Tool for automated preparation of energy balance reports with Olade and IRES methodology and GHG emissions reports.
- Tool for automated elaboration of hydrocarbon balance reports with JODI methodology, considering the annual balance tool.
- New regional information system.
- Information systems for countries in the region. They are operational: Ecuador, Honduras, Panama and Paraguay.