To consolidate the development of energy efficiency in Olade Member Countries by strengthening the institutional framework for energy efficiency, developing technical and governance capacities, and reinforcing existing energy efficiency initiatives.
El Salvador, Nicaragua, Jamaica, Granada, Belize, Dominican Republic, and Panama.
– Training on the development of energy audits and implementation of energy efficiency measures, aimed at the technical staff of the institutions responsible for managing national energy efficiency plans in Belize, El Salvador, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica and Nicaragua.
– Development of energy audits and implementation of pilot projects in public and private institutions in Belize, El Salvador, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica and Nicaragua.
– Preparation of road maps for the development and implementation of MRV systems in energy audits in public and commercial buildings in Belize, Panama and the Dominican Republic.
– Development of various training programs related to renewable sources, energy efficiency and climate change.
- Preparation of proposals for an institutional framework for energy efficiency in Belize, El Salvador, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica and Nicaragua. http://biblioteca.olade.org/opac-tmpl/Documentos/old0323.pdf
- Strengthening of energy efficiency initiatives, currently underway in Panama and the Dominican Republic. http://biblioteca.olade.org/opac-tmpl/Documentos/old0419.pdf
- Development of a regional methodology for the implementation of Measurement, Reporting and Verification (MRV) systems for energy audits in public and commercial buildings.
- Preparation and publication of a summary document with the laws related to energy efficiency existing in the Member Countries of Olade.
- Development and publication of a guide document for the implementation of Energy Efficiency Financing Mechanisms, which is used as a basis for successful experiences in this field worldwide.