SIEN is a software product developed by OLADE with the financial support of the European Commission. The purpose of SIEN is to provide to the Member Countries a high-technology tool for the systematization and processing of energy data.
- Information System based on software. It allows compiling, organizing, registering and querying energy related information of a country or organization.
- Customizable system according to the energy chain structure of a country or institution used analyses.
- It has the following information modules:
- Statistic Management : Infrastructure, supply-demand, socioeconomic information, prices, environment information, reserves and potentials
- Calculation Procedures: Energy Balances, Indicators, Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Documentation Module
- Quality Control: Check for the information integrity and consistency by means of deviation analysis of historical series, energy balances consistency and indicators.
SIEN has a Web interface, using the Internet or Intranet for data feeding and data publishing in the Web.
- Used for the maintenance and constant update of the energy information.
- Tool that enables the preparation of indicators and figures on the most important energy and financial variables in order to facilitate studies and analyses of countries, groups of countries or sub-regions.
- It acts as a basis for integrated or indicative energy planning; it facilitates the adoption of domestic policies.
Currently, SIEN is a service distributed to the Energy Ministries of OLADE Member Countries. It also could be used by enterprises or other countries devoted to energy planning.